Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Friendly Building.

Built:  October 2012

So I got a phone call:  

" Hey can we come over tomorrow and use your gaming table and terrain.. cuz we don't have any ? "

"Sure" says I.

".. if you happened to have a building that would be great too..."

Lacking anything period suitable for their needs...  I said "Sure!".

And so it begins..  dropping everything non-gaming that I was in the middle of, as the Valkyries in the Attic were making too much noise for me to focus on anything else...  I scratch built a building in about 2 hours, without any detailed plans, or even a shopping trip... 

 

A sloppy slightly medieval stylised workshop of some sorts - suitable for a steam punk inventor I suppose.

Removable roof- just lift it off.

Balsa wood framing.
Cork sheet for walls & floor.
Styrene Chimney - from a gardening fan-like thing, for tying tomatoes too. (Dollar Store).
Hinges - from the wooden craft boxes (Dollar Store) that I used in a previous project.





Covered the roof frame with thin Balsa sheet, to give it some firmness.
The Straw Mat is a cheap yoga mat from the Dollar Store (previously used in the failed jungle huts projects).



Turned out ok.  Doors work nicely, the metal hinges are much better then the plastic nylon aircraft hinges I've been using.  The roof looks pretty good.

 With a bit more paint, and some detailing, it will be ok.


Oh look, someone's moved in already, and put the kettle on for tea !

No comments:

Post a Comment